Sunday, November 16, 2008

English Phrases


Laura:Hi, Emi.
Emi:Hi, Mrs Arnello, How are you?
Laura:Good. Oh Emi... is this your shirt?
Emi:The blue one? No, that's not mine.
Emi:It's Maggie's.
Laura:How about this sweater?
Emi:The yellow sweater? Yes, that's mine.
Laura:It's cute.
Emi:Oh, thanks.
Laura:And these are your socks, right?
Emi:No, but those are mine.
Laura: Well, here's your stuff.

Possession: Have, Nouns, Adjectives

Laura and Paul have a house in the city.Ana has an interesting job.

Possession: Have, Nouns, Adjectives

Here's another way to show possession:Add an apostrophe and an -s to the end of a noun or a person's name.
Kate has an apartment.The boy has a computer.
Kate's apartment.The boy's computer.

Possession: Have, Nouns, Adjectives

When using the possessive with two or more people put the apostrophe -s at the end of the last person's name.
Paul and Laura's house.Paul, Chris, and Ana's company.

Possession: Have, Nouns, Adjectives


Here's another way to show possession: use possessive adjectives.
This is Emi’s book.This is her book.

Whose: Possessive

VOCABULARY:

NATURAL RESOURCES: Matirials from nature, such as wood and stone, that people can use.

HOLIDAY: A special day for remembering a person, an event that is important to people of community.

CULTURE: A way of live shared by a members of a group.

HERITAGE: A set of values and traditions handed down to a group from those who have lived before them.

What are people going to do?

The man is climbing the ladder. The boy is going to climb the ladder. The woman is listening to some music. The girl is not going to listen to some music. She is going to read the book.

What are you going to do? I'm going to read a newspaper।

What is she going to do? She's going to buy a sweater.

What are you going to do? I'm going to sit on the couch।

What is he going to do? He's going to repair the car.

I am not going to buy it। I am poor.

She is not going to run. She is tired.

I am not going to play. I am sick.

By/What:

FRASES DE USO COMUN:

  1. How much is it? (jau moch is it?) Cuanto vale?
  2. What is the price? (juat is di prais?) Cual es el precio?
  3. Give me the bill (guiv mi di bill) Denme la cuenta.
  4. Voy a comprarlo. I am going to buy it.
  5. Lo estoy comprando. I am buying it.
  6. Estoy escribiendo. I am writing.
  7. Voy a escibir. I am going to write.
  8. Vamos a ir en automovil. We are going to go by car.
  9. Vamos en automovil. We are going by car.
  10. Estoy subiendo por la escalera. I am climbing the ladder.
  11. Voy a comprarlo. I am going to buy it.
  12. Estoy escribiendo. I am writing.
  13. I am reading the book. Estoy leyendo el libro.
  14. I am going to read the book. Voy a leer el libro.
  15. I am listening to music. Estoy oyendo musica.
  16. I am going to listen the music. Voy a escuchar musica.
  17. We are running. Nosotros estamos corriendo.
  18. We are going to run. Nosotros vamos a correr.
  19. She is not going to run. She is tired. Ella no va a correr. Ella esta cansada.
  20. What is he going to do? He's going to repair the car.
  21. What is she going to do? She's going to buy a sweater.
  22. I am not thin. I am fat. No soy delgada. Soy Gorda.
  23. I am a man. I am not a woman. Soy hombre. No soy mujer.
  24. You are not a woman. You are a man. Usted no es mujer. Usted es hombre.
  25. She is not young. She is old. Ella no es joven. Ella es anciana.
  26. The wallet is black. La cartera es negra.
  27. I am a police officer. Soy oficial de policía.
  28. I am a student. Soy estudiante.
  29. I am a doctor. Soy médico.
  30. I am a bus driver. Soy conductor de autobús.
  31. I am a mechanic. Soy mecánico.
  32. I am a nurse.Soy enfermera.
  33. I am a mailman. Soy cartero.
  34. I am a teacher. Soy profesora.
  35. I am a secretary. Soy secretaria.
  36. I am a chef. Soy chef.
  37. I am a scientist. Soy científico.
  38. I am a manager. Soy gerente.
  39. He is a police officer. Él es oficial de policía.
  40. He is a student. Él es estudiante.
  41. He is a doctor. Él es médico.
  42. He is a bus driver. Él es conductor de autobús.
  43. He is a mechanic. Él es mecánico.
  44. She is a nurse. Ella es enfermera.
  45. He is a mailman. Él es cartero.
  46. She is a teacher. Ella es profesora.
  47. She is a secretary. Ella es secretaria.
  48. He is a chef. Él es chef.
  49. He is a scientist. Él es científico.
  50. He is a manager. Él es gerente.
  51. I am a police officer. Soy oficial de policía.
  52. He is a police officer. Él es oficial de policía.
  53. I am a student. Soy estudiante.
  54. He is a student. Él es estudiante.
  55. I am a doctor. Soy médico.
  56. He is a doctor. Él es médico.
  57. I am a bus driver. Soy conductor de autobús.
  58. He is a bus driver. Él es conductor de autobús.
  59. I am a mechanic. Soy mecánico.
  60. He is a mechanic. Él es mecánico.
  61. I am a nurse. Soy enfermera.
  62. She is a nurse. Ella es enfermera.
  63. I am a teacher. Soy profesora.
  64. She is a teacher. Ella es profesora.
  65. I am a manager. Soy gerente.
  66. He is a manager. Él es gerente.
  67. hair cabello.
  68. bald. calvo
  69. a beard /barba
  70. a moustache /bigote
  71. He has short hair. Él tiene el cabello corto.
  72. He has long hair. Él tiene el cabello largo.
  73. She has straight hair. Ella tiene el cabello liso.
  74. She has curly hair. Ella tiene el cabello crespo.
  75. She has black hair. Ella tiene el cabello negro.
  76. She has red hair. Ella es pelirroja.
  77. She has brown hair. Ella tiene el cabello castaño.
  78. She has blonde hair. Ella tiene el cabello rubio.
  79. He has a brown moustache. Él tiene bigote castaño.
  80. He has a white moustache. Él tiene bigote blanco.
  81. He has a white beard. Él tiene barba blanca.
  82. He has a black beard. Él tiene barba negra.
  83. I have short brown hair. Tengo el cabello corto y castaño.
  84. I have long red hair. Tengo el cabello largo y soy pelirroja.
  85. I have no hair. I am bald. No tengo cabello. Soy calvo.
  86. I have long brown hair. Tengo el cabello largo y castaño.
  87. The man has a brown moustache. El hombre tiene bigote castaño.
  88. The man has a white moustache. El hombre tiene bigote blanco.
  89. The man has a gray beard. El hombre tiene barba gris.
  90. The man has a black beard. El hombre tiene barba negra.
  91. Who has curly black hair? ¿Quién tiene el cabello crespo y negro?
  92. Who has long red hair? ¿Quién tiene el cabello largo y es pelirroja?
  93. Who is bald? ¿Quién es calvo?
  94. Who has long blonde hair? ¿Quién tiene el cabello largo y rubio?
  95. Who has a brown moustache? ¿Quién tiene bigote castaño?
  96. Who has a white moustache? ¿Quién tiene bigote blanco?
  97. Who has a white beard? ¿Quién tiene barba blanca?
  98. Who has a black beard? ¿Quién tiene barba negra?
  99. She does not have red hair. Ella no es pelirroja.
  100. She does not have black hair. Ella no tiene el cabello negro.
  101. She does not have long hair. Ella no tiene el cabello largo.
  102. He does not have short hair. Él no tiene el cabello corto.
  103. The man does not have a white beard. El hombre no tiene barba blanca.
  104. The man does not have a black beard. El hombre no tiene barba negra.
  105. She has straight black hair. Ella tiene el cabello liso y negro.
  106. She has curly black hair. Ella tiene el cabello crespo y negro.
  107. The old man is bald. The young man is not bald. She has black, curly hair. I have long, brown hair. The boy does not have red hair. He has blonde hair. The man has a red beard and a moustache. The woman does not have a beard. She has short, black hair.
  108. The toilet is in the bathroom. The table is in the dining room. The radio is on the table, and the computer is in the bedroom. The girl is in the shower, and the dishes are in the kitchen sink.

CLOTHES:

  1. a jacket. una chaqueta
  2. a coat. un abrigo
  3. a shirt. una camisa
  4. a sweater. un suéter
  5. a dress. un vestido
  6. a skirt. una falda
  7. a blouse. una blusa
  8. a t-shirt. una camiseta
  9. socks. calcetines
  10. shoes. zapatos
  11. jeans. jeans
  12. pants. pantalones
  13. He is wearing a blue shirt. Él está usando una camisa azul.
  14. He is wearing a red jacket. Él está usando una chaqueta roja.
  15. He is wearing a black coat.Él está usando un abrigo negro.
  16. She is wearing a white sweater. Ella está usando un suéter blanco.
  17. She is wearing a flower dress. Ella está usando un vestido con flores.
  18. She is wearing an orange skirt. Ella está usando una falda naranja.
  19. She is wearing a white blouse. Ella está usando una blusa blanca.
  20. He is wearing a green shirt. Él está usando una camisa verde.
  21. Is he wearing a green shirt? No, he's wearing a red shirt.
    ¿Él está usando una camisa verde? No, está usando una camisa roja.
  22. Is she wearing a black jacket? No, she is wearing a white jacket.
    ¿Ella está usando una chaqueta negra? No, está usando una chaqueta blanca.
  23. Is the boy wearing a red jacket? Yes, he is.
    ¿El niño está usando una chaqueta roja? Sí.
  24. Is the woman wearing a white sweater? Yes, she is.
    ¿La mujer está usando un suéter blanco? Sí.
  25. Who is wearing red shoes? ¿Quién está usando zapatos rojos?
  26. Who is wearing a black coat? ¿Quién está usando un abrigo negro?
  27. Who is wearing a flower dress? ¿Quién está usando un vestido con flores?
  28. Who is wearing a blue blouse? ¿Quién está usando una blusa azul?
  29. The boy is wearing white socks. El niño está usando calcetines blancos.
  30. The girl is wearing black shoes. La niña está usando zapatos negros.
  31. The man is wearing jeans.El hombre está usando jeans.
  32. The woman is wearing jeans. La mujer está usando jeans.
  33. What is she wearing? She is wearing a white sweater.
    ¿Qué está usando ella? Está usando un suéter blanco.
  34. What is the woman wearing? She is wearing an orange skirt.
    ¿Qué está usando la mujer? Ella está usando una falda naranja.
  35. What is he wearing? He is wearing a black coat.
    ¿Qué está usando él? Está usando un abrigo negro.
  36. What is he wearing? He is wearing jeans.
    ¿Qué está usando él? Está usando jeans.
  37. What are they wearing? They are wearing jeans.
    ¿Qué están usando ellos? Están usando jeans.
  38. What are the women wearing? They are wearing sweaters.
    ¿Qué están usando las mujeres? Ellas están usando suéteres.
  39. What are they wearing? They are wearing t-shirts.
    ¿Qué están usando ellos? Están usando camisetas.
  40. What are they wearing? They are wearing black jackets.
    ¿Qué están usando ellos? Están usando chaquetas negras.

ANIMALS AND PETS:

  • Is my apartment big enough for a pet? Es mi apartamento lo suficientemente grande para tener una mascota?
  • I need to take my dog to the Vet. /Necesito llevar a mi perro al veterinario.
  • I bought cat food./Compre comida para gatos.
  • What is the pet deposit?/Cual es el deposito por los animales domesticos?
  • My cat has been spayed./ A mi gata le han extraido los ovarios.
  • I would like to adopt a puppy./Me gustaria adoptar un cachorro.
  • Do you allow pet?/Permiten animales domesticos?
  • I keep tropical fish./Tengo peces tropicales.
  • I am allergic to cats./Soy alergico a los gatos.
  • Has this dog had his shots? /Han vaunado este perro?
  • My dog is a pure-bred./ Mi perro es de raza pura.
  • My dog is in heat./ Mi perra esta en celo.
  • I got my dog from a breeder./ Consegui mi perro de un criador.
  • I am allergic to fur./Soy alergico al pelo de animales.
  • Can you recommend a good petsitter?/Me puede recomendar a una buena persona para que cuide animales?
  • My dog needs a check-up./Mi perro necesita un examen medico regular.
  • Did you buy kitty litter?/Compro lechos para gatitos?
  • I was bitten by a strange dog./Me mordio un perro extrano.
  • I need a rabies shot./ Necesito una vacuna contra la rabia.
  • I need to find an animal clinic./ Necesito encontrar una clinica para animales.
  • Can you recommend a good veterinarian?Me puede recomendar a un buen veterinario?
  • My cat has been neutered./ Mi gato ha sido castrado.
  • I think something is wrong with my dog./ Creo que algo esta mal con mi perro.
  • My dog isn't feeling well./ Mi perro no se esta sintiendo bien.
  • Is there an animal shelter nearby?/Hay un refugio para animales cercano?
  • I need to walk the dog./ Necesito llevar a caminar a mi perro.
  • My cat is acting strangely./ Mi gato esta actuando extranamente.
  • My dog needs to be vaccinated./ Mi perro necesita ser vacunado.
  • Wich vaccines should my pet receive?/Cuales vacunas debe recibir mi mascota?
  • My cat isn't eating./Mi gato no esta comiendo.

BUSINESS COMUNICATION:

1. GENERAL:

  • Can I get a copy of this?/Puedo obtener una copia de esto?
  • Can I get this in writer?/Puedo obtener esto por escrito?
  • Can I have a tour of the site?/Me puede dar un tour de este lugar?
  • I'm retiring next year?/ Me voy a jubilar el proximo ano.
  • I have to do my taxes./Tengo que preparar mis taxes.
  • Can you autorize this?/Puede autorizar esto?
  • Dear Sirs./Estimados senores.

No comments: